Sister Elizabeth Teall – Lead Nurse (Diabetes Specialist)
Sister Sarah Szulc – Practice Nurse (Respiratory Specialist)
Sister Claire Perkins – Practice Nurse
Sister Lucia Keaney – Nurse Practitioner
As well as the above specialities, all our nursing team offer Gynaecology Clinics, Smoking Cessation, Travel Advice and Immunisations, Contraception and Dressings amongst many other things.
Blood tests, BP checks, Height and Weight Checks, Wound Care, Smoking Cessation, Weight Management advice, Injections
Phlebotomy, & basic wound care
Healthcare assistants support practice nurses with their daily work and carry out tasks such as phlebotomy (drawing blood), blood pressure measurement and new patient checks. They may act as a chaperone when a patient or doctor requests one.
- working as part of nursing team providing health promotion and health education to adults and their families
- assisting in identifying health needs of patients and participating in the delivery and evaluation of care provided under the indirect supervision of a registered nurse
- running health education and health promotion programmes, including smoking cessation, diet, exercise and healthy lifestyle
- maintaining accurate, clear and concise records and communicating information to members of the team as necessary
- maintaining and ordering stocks of equipment
- providing a safe environment for the management of patients and protection of staff and visitors